Friday, November 19, 2010

Our Amazing Family and Friends!

We had the best night!! Our Hauter Family gave us a surprise party for our 40th birthdays. Bill and I both turn 40 the week after we return from Bulgaria. We already thought we were getting the best gift ever by bringing Mahaela home--and we are! But our sweet family and best friends surprised us tonight. We thought we were going to dinner with friends and had to pick up one of the couples and as we pulled up to the garage, there was the big sign hanging on the garage door. It was a surprise to both of us and one that we never could have imagined. The best part was the complete excitement and affirmation we feel from them all as we get ready to go get Mahaela. Here is what they were all wearing when we got there...





Notice Mahaela's initials in the heart and her anticipated Gotcha date. They are a blue/gray color, almost like a dark jean color. They are so cool. Even the kids had tshirts, in a baby blue color. They are a treasure for sure! We had talked about doing tshirts and it never worked out. I'm not creative and it just kept taking a back seat to other things. Our family all got tshirts as a gift. We absolutely love them. You can bet this will be a square on Mahaela's tshirt quilt someday! I wish I had a picture of our family wearing them, but I didn't know I would need my camera!

I am so glad I didn't ruin this awesome surprise. Until Friday morning I still felt like we might bail out...I just felt on the fence about going out. The Lord absolutely worked it out. It wouldn't have taken too much to talk me into it though. I'm well aware that these fun nights out without kids are going to be a thing of the past for awhile--at least that is what I am expecting. Thank you to my wonderful friends and family.

As an update...Monday and Tuesday were very productive days and I felt like I was getting some big things done. Aubrey's room is painted, guest room/junk room cleared out, Mahaela's room ready. Furniture in it's places in the girls rooms. Wed, Thurs, Friday turned into unproductive, busy days. Tomorrow is a prize with no games on the schedule! I keep trying to pace myself, crossing things off my list. What's important will get done, the rest doesn't matter.

I wanted to post a couple shots of Mahaela's room. It is exactly the same bedroom we have had for 6 years now, since Lindsey was a newborn. I'm happy to have another girl to fill it.







We left a picture of this room with Mahaela on the first trip. We hope she recognizes it and feels secure in her new room. Soon, soon, soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

wow that room is so beautiful and I LOVE LOVE the shirts!!

Chris Haven said...

Beautiful bedroom and the shirts are really cool:) How fun.

growing our love... said...

Very cool T-shirts!! I love the room.