Saturday, November 27, 2010

Paris en route to Bulgaria

We actually got out of our house feeling as organized and prepared as we could be...what didn't get done and could drive me crazy, I am completely ok with. Thanks to our friends and family for offers of help to get us on our way and for caring for our kids while we are away.

We have had a wonderful two days in Paris. It is almost 2 am and we are just back to our room after dinner. Jet lag and naps have allowed us to enjoy the "nightlife." Although Paris doesn't seem to need much sleep either! We will leave our hotel about 9:30 am to head to the airport and be on our way to Bulgaria. We have really enjoyed our time here, but have talked mostly about what Monday will be like and getting Mahaela. I think we all have a little bit of nerves building as we anticipate what our lives will be like.


Job 23:10 is a verse that has always been meaningful to me. It's a promise I have clung to many times and especially through this adoption. "He knows the way that I take, when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." It has always given me the hope of a "good" ending or else molding me to be more Christ like due to His refiners fire! (Both would be my desire.) When this adoption has thrown us a curve or tested my patience, I knew it was for my good, and I assumed it would have this positive outcome of a completed adoption. Well, I am about to meet my treasure of Gold! I feel so blessed. God has known all along where this course would take us and what the ending would be...Mahaela JoMae.

Tomorrow we will arrive in Sofia and settle into our apartment. I'm sure we will leave very early Monday morning for the orphanage in Haskovo. I am excited to be able to take a full suitcase of donations from our family and friends (I had just mentioned that warm clothing would be nice.) People gave so much!
Here is a list of the items we were able to give:
21 gloves/mittens
11 hats
22 onesies
9 sleepers
1 scarf
6 tights
22 pairs socks
6 sweatsuits
1 coat
4 pants
17 shirts
8 sunglasses
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

6 comments:

Miss Hauter said...

Can't wait to see Aubs holding her!!!!!! :)

Debby said...

Been thinking about you guys as you make your magical journey!!!

Yvonne said...

Congratulations!! So glad to see that you guys are on your way and that your little girl will be in your arms soon!!

Emily said...

Love hearing the details!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chris Haven said...

Been dying for an update. Can't wait to see pictures of you all leaving the orphanage.Thanks for sharing the verse from Job. Blessing from our family to yours.

Renae said...

I'm biting my nails for ya! Isn't this just too weird???! Hope it's an easy and smooth transition! God Bless you guys!