Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still waiting to pack our bags

No, we do not have a travel date. I actually am trusting that even though we do not know the dates yet, that it is not necessarily being pushed out further. It may just mean that we have shorter notice. Each week that goes by feels like this snowball effect of much to do and less time to do it in...which is pretty accurate.
Looking forward to the next two days. No school today or tomorrow, but still busy. My day started by leaving the house at 9am and returning at 11pm. It required three trips to Peoria and beyond and traveling 200 miles! It's exhausting/I'm exhausted. We constantly say, "This is why we can't get anything done!" And it's true, we don't. Tomorrow is a bit more of the same--too chopped up to get much done at home. I am hoping to completely move Lindsey into her new room and begin cleaning out what will become Mahaela's bedroom. I will be happy with the weekend if this gets accomplished. I can dream!

I am getting another package together to send Mahaela. Just waiting on translating a message to send to her. She will have her third birthday soon. Sorry we couldn't be together for it.

Looking forward to an Orphan Care meeting at Grace Church to celebrate Orphan Sunday. I will have my own little party in my heart this Sunday celebrating the one little orphan that is no more!
I will for sure post when we know our travel dates...when I know, you'll know...you may hear me screaming (mostly for JOY mixed with a little panic!!)

3 comments:

Sue said...

Soon enough...I know how hard the waiting is!!

Aaron and Jennifer Santor said...

We only had a one week notice to travel. We got the news 6 weeks after court. We were getting so frustrated during that 6th week thinking most everyone had travelled by then, but then we got the email. We could have chosen a later date, but there was no way we were waiting anymore. So, we frantically packed and were off. She'll be home soon and then you won't even believe she is there with you.

Laurie J said...

so glad to find your blog :) can't wait to see the post when she comes home!