Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mommy #2

Mommy #2...and that would be Aubrey. She is so excited to meet Mahaela. She is packing and making lists for me to pack. She has Mahaela's bag almost packed! She has been my encouragement today. She was wishing it was Friday night because she was wanting to pull an all-nighter with me. She would have tonight if it wasn't for church tomorrow. She told me she was so proud of me today--for getting so much done and "for adopting." So sweet. It was a fairly productive day, but not a great mommy day. I am so thankful for my sweet neighbor who had Lindsey almost all day. I was feeling so guilty because I left the boys and Lindsey home during Aubrey's basketball game and was gone much longer than I wanted to be. Each time I called to check up on them, the boys said Lindsey was with the neighbors. She had a great day of playing. Certainly eased my guilt. She and Reese came in at one point to ask if Linds could go to the pancake supper in town. Both of them had wet heads from playing in their jacuzzi tub in swimsuits. How fun is that? She finished off the night with a barbie movie, came home and immediately fell asleep on the floor. The boys were on their own most of the day, but enjoyed brain waisting TV and video games to their heart's content--"Mom of the Year."
Aubrey got her hair cut after her games. The boys had their evals for basketball. Then Aubrey and I went to get paint for her room and use some coupons that expired today. Got Aubrey some boots. Put together a crib for Mahaela that I bought at IKEA last weekend. She is still in a crib and this style was very similar to her crib now--minimalist. I had started painting a dresser for one of the girls a couple days ago and was really disappointed with the finish. The finish was rough and very "chalky" feeling. I bought a new quart of another brand in the exact same sheen, but with much better results. The dresser has a hutch with it also that is a nightmare to paint. I painted it blue for Jake, 9 years ago. That paint job looked awesome. This paint job, not so great--maybe I'm rushing it?? 2 coats down. Maybe 2 more to get it done. Hoping to do that tomorrow and be done with the furniture. This dresser will go in Lindsey's new room and Lindsey's furniture will go to Mahaela.
I have some big goals for this week: (Don't bore yourselves...this list is for me!)
Paint Aubrey's room
make and purchase caregiver gifts.
get my Sunday School curriculum in order to hand over to my replacement--waiting for God to reveal to us who that may be??
Clean out my Sun. School room a bit
Clean guest room--Hoarders Anonymous, I'll just leave it at that
finalize Mahaela's room
finalize Lindsey's room
Get rid of summer clothes from boys drawers
Get carpets cleaned in a couple rooms
all the while keeping up with the house so that I can be ready to pack next Monday, Tuesday

Hoping some adrenalin gets me through the week...nothing like working under pressure. As Aubrey reminded me, I am a procrastinator!

2 comments:

Renae said...

LOL! I think you need to redo your kitchen and paint a room or two...that's what I did;)...but I still had 3 weeks till travel! Talk about nesting!

Debby said...

Just think how fast the time will pass with a "to do" list like that! I get so much more done when I "have to"!!!! What an exciting time for you all!