We had an Orphan Care Meeting at our home tonight with a great bunch of people. It was really encouraging--just a great blessing to be with others who also have a heart for the fatherless.
Well, I was all happy and proud of myself getting plane tickets last night...only to wake up to a vague email and no actual ticket confirmation. First guy said not to worry--after I waited on hold about 45 minutes, took a shower and everything. He said we would hear within 24 hours. So I felt confident to wait for news...but then reality set in. I was getting worried that something was not right with our three tickets. Mahaela already had a ticket # issued. Then another phone call a few hours later when I couldn't take it any longer. Blood pressure sky-rocketing! It was maddening. The only thing he could tell me was that there was no way I was going to get confirmation because Delta would not agree to the fare that I had already given my credit card payment for. I've seen the "bait and switch" when you go to actually pay, but I have never had it after you actually submit payment. Completely Bait and Switch! But after 12 hours had passed tickets continued to climb as there were very few seats left on our flights. He told me it would be $800 more to book the same itinerary (and again wait up to 24 hours for actual ticketing.) Crazy. Thought I was having a head bleed! Called back again after I cooled down a bit and then listened to the whole story again from another Expedia agent. Coming up with a price was like throwing a dart at a moving dart board...she quoted about 3 prices and finally came up with I would owe another $475. I had just a few more hours before I would need to cancel Mahaela's ticket if I thought we couldn't be ticketed on the same flights. So I just had to buck up and pay the difference. So funny, not funny-haha, that I spent hours trying to find the best deal and in the end I just bit it and didn't even care any more! Tonight, I at least have flight ticket numbers and confirmation numbers. Seems like everything is ok. Called Delta to remind them that she is a minor traveling with us because we were ticketed separately. I will call Air France to tell them the same later.
I'm so thankful to have two weekends ahead of me before we leave, although tomorrow will be busy with games. Such is life. Wish I could have two Saturdays every week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
hello - i loved reading about your journey to your little girl. my husband and i have been praying about adopting two special needs children from bulgaria for almost two years. we actually started the process last year but became scared after a consultation with an international doctor. the children we have been praying about (boy/girl twins) have been in my heart and mind continuously. i feel they are meant to be ours no matter what their special needs are - we just can't seem to take that last leap. maybe one day... I am always searching the internet trying to find videos or pictures of the twins orphanage. I stumbled upon a video that was taken in sept 2009. the twins look perfect to me - i cry every time i look at it - i just viewed it again this morning and i saw a child that reminded me of your mahaela - same adorable curly hair! i just wanted to wish you and your family well on your trip to pick up your beautiful little girl!
Shelley, that is terrible about the paying and then them saying it was going to be more. That just doesn't seem right....Glad you got some tickets though:) Wow hard to believe it is coming up soon.
Loved the meeting....thanks for being an example and "moving to the need"
can't wait for december 4th!!!!!!:)
Post a Comment