Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Called to Care Kickoff and Mahaela update

The above video is taken during the kick-off for my church's new orphan care ministry. Our ministry is named Called 2 Care. It was a great evening with Kelly Putty, founder of Ordinary Hero http://www.ordinaryhero.org/ out of Nashville. Also Jami Kaeb from Bloomington, IL was able to share her new ministry called The Forgotten Initiative--they are partnering with LifeSong. (Find the Forgotten Initiative on Facebook--the website will be up very shortly.) Bill and I were able to both be there thanks to grandma and grandpa babysitting Mahaela at the hospital. It was a really great evening. God is doing something amazing. Orphan's lives will be changed because of this evening. I know of two families who felt called to adopt and are saying yes because of this evening. I encourage you all to stir the pot at your churches with a ministry such as this. Thanks for continuing to pray for Mahaela. She is getting better, praise the Lord! Only 30ml out of the chest tube and her xray looks pretty good. We are doing everything the same for another day, before they starting weaning meds, introducing fluids/food.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Sounds wonderful Shelley! And once you guys are settled back home, I would love to hear how your orphan care ministry got started..what you're doing as a ministry..etc...:)