Saturday, April 9, 2011
Hospital Day 12??
I'm sorry to say, that today looked a lot like yesterday as far as healing is concerned. Her chest tube did not put out any drainage during the night. Dr. Fortuna flushed it, but was deliberate in leaving a bit of fluid still in her chest to avoid the tube being "sucked" into her chest wall. She tolerated getting the tube flushed very well. The tube drained throughout the day, which is good that it was evident that the clog was taken care of, but it continues to drain. I will be anxious to hear the 24 hour total in the morning. It's not slowing too much though. I have to say, I know prayers are working. Mahaela has been NPO for a few days and has only asked for food a couple times a day. She seems ok with our explanation and doesn't beg. So glad that God is taking care of her hunger and keeping her satisfied. She is also sleeping a lot and seems very content to just rest in bed. She has been taking one walk in the morning. I always want her to get in another walk, but it takes so much work and 3 people to walk her...it's just hard to squeeze it in again. God is showing his mercy to us and Mahaela. It seems that she could just be going crazy with hunger and laying in a bed, but she is calm, quiet, sleepy. God is good. I'm exhausted tonight...just an accumulation of the week, I guess. But I am completely refreshed by the blessing I received at an orphan care event at our church. So proud of my nieces and friends and faithful servants who contributed to a wonderful night. God be glorified. Children will come to Christ because of a seed that was planted in a person's heart tonight, I just know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment