Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Baby Mahaela

One of Mahaela's caregivers must have been thinking about Mahaela today because she sent me 4 new photos. The above photo was taken on her 2nd birthday, I believe. We actually have several of her on her birthday, and this is the outfit she was wearing.
I think this photo is taken a bit earlier than 2 years, maybe 18 months? She seems like she is being a little bit supported and most children are not walking before 18 months. I believe Mahaela was 19 months. The caregiver is her favorie. She was the head of the nurses. I always have wondered how much of an active role she played in caring for Mahaela. She seems to be "hands-on" in this photo. Mahaela definitely remembers her a lot. About a month ago, Mahaela said her name in the store and got a bit excited when she thought she may have seen her. It was just a woman with similar hair. It was kind of sad to think that she still thinks about her and most probably misses her. I'm so glad for the fond memory that she has of her, but I hate the idea that she could be sad about it, deep down.

I know her caregivers are just hoping that Mahaela recovers quickly. I'm so happy that I am at her bedside. I know they would have loved her through it, but she needs a mommy and a daddy.

Well, since she is sleeping so soundly, I will take advantage and get some sleep also. Praying these next few days go by quickly.

1 comment:

Miss Hauter said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW......seeing that picture of her little gave me chills! Love seeing her at a younger age!