Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A great adoption story!

You have to read this adoption story. It will always be a favorite of mine for several reasons. I don't personally know Michelle, but she is a friend of my two nieces, I believe they graduated from high school together, but I don't think I ever verified that. I do know they all connect on some amazing Girl's Night Outs. Our church "launched" an Orphan Care Ministry named Called2Care with an evening event with guest speakers Kelly Putty from Ordinary Hero and Jami Kaeb who is just launching a ministry with Lifesong called The Forgotten Initiative (find it on facebook until their website is launched.) It was a great evening--hearts were touched, people were spurred to action, and God was glorified. We wanted God to have his way with the evening and we believe that He did. Michelle's story is an awesome example of what God can and did do. Adoption usually requires a lot of waiting, money, patience (at least International adoption), but it doesn't have to...I love Michelle's story because it shows what God can do with just a "Yes, Lord!"

So...my nieces invited Michelle to the event and she and her husband were able to come.

Here is her story. Warning: Goosebump inducing!! (and you might need a tissue!)

In case you can't click on the above link, go to her blog: www.michellesblog6@blogspot.com.

Read her entry for April 18th.
I have made links to Kelly and Jami's blogs. They are wonderful to read and are a great encouragement. You might want to put them on your blog list! (Not "might"--you absolutely do!)

No comments: