Last Christmas just seems like moments ago. I recall going through the whole Christmas holiday thinking, saying, imagining that it would be the last one without our little girl. We didn't know anything about the child we would be blessed with. We didn't even know if we would get a boy or girl. But I hoped and prayed that it would be the last Christmas without them. It's so hard to believe that she is now here with us, celebrating Christmas with our family. Her stocking with her name on it came in plenty of time. Stuffing 5 stockings made me feel like I have a lot of kids!
Mahaela is having a wonderful time with family and they are enjoying her. I look forward to a little one on one with her again, but I know she is just having the best time with so many cousins. Yesterday she was sick with a stomach bug and even while throwing up, she still had a smile for us. I don't think she knew she was sick!
My little present was that she is letting me read to her at night. She backs up to sit on my lap, just like my other kids did, and flips through the pages of our Christmas story book and repeats so many words. It's such a sweet time to read to her about Jesus' birth and sing Away in a Manger. I think she likes it very much.
So much to be thankful for and so much to enjoy this year. I'm saying a prayer for all my friends who may read this and are still waiting for the present you really want--your child in your arms. He knows the path you are on, when he has tested and tried you, you will come forth as gold. Job 23:10 We are all better for what we learn along the way.
Looking forward to having our first Christmas together as a family of 7!
Merry Christmas to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
So glad things are going well. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
That was so sweet! I started crying when I read your last little paragraph!!!!! ;0)
I am so happy for Mahaela and for your entire family! Such a glorious event for all!!!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family. It was good having my family here from down south, it kept my mind occupied :) So happy for your family.
Post a Comment