Mahaela had her pediatrician appt. yesterday. She did great with the whole exam and being with the nurse and doctor. She was very compliant. She looks great. She needed some immunizations to get her all caught up. Unfortunately, she needed 4! Yep, 2 in each leg. She did amazingly well. She cried, but when they were done, she wiped her tears and put a smile right back on her face. It always make me more sad when they are so tough. It was not the cat-in-a-bathtub fight that I thought it would be.
Since there was no wait and she did so well, I decided to go ahead and do her blood draw for labs. That was no fun. She sat in my lap (first mistake) while they decided she had no veins. They stuck her once and got one vial--they need 7 at the minimum. Then they papoosed her for the next stick. No luck! I am going to go back another day, making sure she has had lots of fluids, and see if they see more veins to choose from. She will probably start crying at the door, I would!
The doctor said he could not really even hear a heart murmur--I don't know how significant that is at this point, but I thought that was encouraging. And M. let him have a good long listen. She is in the 78%tile for weight and 60%tile for height. Her o2 Saturation fluctuated from 83-91%, but held at 89% for the longest time. That is just where we would expect it to be with her heart defect and the corrections that have been made so far. He did find that she had bilateral ear infections. He thought it was bad enough looking that she need antibiotics. So she started on amoxicillin. She doesn't like meds, so that is a bummer.
By last evening, she was so pathetic. She began to really guard her legs and then walk like she was completely debilitated. She was all hunched over, shuffling. It was so sad.
Now this morning, she is just sick and crippled! She was fussing early this morning and I went in to get her up. She was a fire ball--just a hot little ember. I just laid her on the couch and she is in pain with her legs and hasn't moved for over an hour. Hoping Tylenol gives her some relief. I see a couple naps in her future as she looks like she could just fall back to sleep already. Sure enough...she is falling to sleep as I write this. Poor baby!
Since there was no wait and she did so well, I decided to go ahead and do her blood draw for labs. That was no fun. She sat in my lap (first mistake) while they decided she had no veins. They stuck her once and got one vial--they need 7 at the minimum. Then they papoosed her for the next stick. No luck! I am going to go back another day, making sure she has had lots of fluids, and see if they see more veins to choose from. She will probably start crying at the door, I would!
The doctor said he could not really even hear a heart murmur--I don't know how significant that is at this point, but I thought that was encouraging. And M. let him have a good long listen. She is in the 78%tile for weight and 60%tile for height. Her o2 Saturation fluctuated from 83-91%, but held at 89% for the longest time. That is just where we would expect it to be with her heart defect and the corrections that have been made so far. He did find that she had bilateral ear infections. He thought it was bad enough looking that she need antibiotics. So she started on amoxicillin. She doesn't like meds, so that is a bummer.
By last evening, she was so pathetic. She began to really guard her legs and then walk like she was completely debilitated. She was all hunched over, shuffling. It was so sad.
Now this morning, she is just sick and crippled! She was fussing early this morning and I went in to get her up. She was a fire ball--just a hot little ember. I just laid her on the couch and she is in pain with her legs and hasn't moved for over an hour. Hoping Tylenol gives her some relief. I see a couple naps in her future as she looks like she could just fall back to sleep already. Sure enough...she is falling to sleep as I write this. Poor baby!


6 comments:
awesome news about her heart. Do you have an appt with a cardiologist, I don't know even where to begin looking if we have to. She is so beautiful. Happy for you guys.
so glad to finally catchup with your blog!!! what a trip! thinking of ya often
oh that is so sad!! Bless her!
Ahhh poor thing!!! Thinking about you (and her) daily...can't wait to see you (and her) again! :)
Awe poor baby!! I hope she is feeling better soon. Elina hates "pokes"... she gets really stressed about them, but does well for the docs.... so brave our girls are!
Awe poor baby!! I hope she is feeling better soon. Elina hates "pokes"... she gets really stressed about them, but does well for the docs.... so brave our girls are!
Post a Comment