Mahaela is resting, peaceful, perfect!
What an amazing day of answered prayers. I know hundreds of people were praying for our little girl and God was merciful to us. She has done so well. I know so many have bumps in their recovery, but everything is going crazy well for Mahaela today. I just wanted to give that update...details later. Pray for her as she wakes up...that is the tough part. Right now she is very comfortable and sedated. As she wakes up, she does not appear to have pain, but just irritation--especially because she is just so thirsty. She has "come to" just long enough to ask for a drink, suck on some swabs, get really mad and hold her breath because she just wants to gulp down a drink. Each episode brings with it breath holding and a big dip in her oxygen levels. At one point she hit the bed with her fist (the nurse said)...her personality and spunk just shine through. I am thankful tonight for her fight...and her simple need of just a drink of water! Tomorrow lines and drains will start to be removed...and she will get up to WALK. Oh my! That should produce some ATTITUDE!! Thanks for praying for our sweet girl. As Bill said, "What a journey this has been!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yippee Jesus! Thanks for the update, and we will continue to pray for a speedy recovery!:)
SO happy for you guys that everything went so well. What a blessing and miracle.
Wonderful News! I have been thinking about your sweet girl every minute!!!!!!!!! I will pray tht she has a super short recovery - with her spunk, I KNOW this will be the case! Love to you all!!!!!!!!!
You and sweet M are constantly in my thoughts...wishin I could be there with you, waiting with you and watching your little girl as she gets stronger every day. Praying we get to see her soon!!! :) Miss ya and can't wait to come visit again!!!!! Love you friend!
Post a Comment