Thursday, March 17, 2011

Photo Session for Mahaela

I am thrilled that I actually got this done...They were photographs taken outside, so the weather needed to be decent. So Tuesday was supposed to be the day, but it was very dreary and wet out. So we rescheduled for this am. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and not yet windy. My friend (and a great photographer), Joy, took Mahaela's photos. The best thing is we get a little sneak peek! I was a bit worried, because M. wasn't in a super great mood this am. I think she has an ear/lymph node that is bothering her and she was kind of whimpering with pain. Thankfully, the Tylenol kicked in by the time we were ready to take some pictures and she did great.

Check them out on this blog www.vintageblu.blogspot.com. Check out the dolly posted on 3/17. That is Mahaela, of course! Joy did a great job capturing her sweetness.

That's all good news...the bad news is Mahaela has some kind of infection?? We are hoping it is just viral or just an ear infection and will resolve quickly. But, she is having her blood drawn for Strep, Mono, Cytomegalovirus. I am hoping it all comes back negative. After her doctor told me what he was suspicious of, I asked about her surgery...he just wrinkled his nose. I know what that means. But, I will wait for results before jumping to conclusions. Praying that it is nothing that would require her surgery to be cancelled.

Tomorrow, Mahaela has all her preop testing done. EKG, chest xray, lots of blood, and some nose swabs. Also, the surgeon's nurse practitioner wants to do a history and physical. I think I may try to go up there first. I have slight thoughts of her surgery being cancelled and all these tests being a waste. I just want everything to go my way :)

4 comments:

Chris Haven said...

LOVE the black and white one of her, so classic looking. Praying she can have her surgery and gets well soon.

growing our love... said...

Thank you for sharing! She is a beauty!!!! Also for praying for her surgery:)))

Sue said...

The pictures are beautiful...you have a precious little girl!! Hope all goes well for her surgery.

Yvonne said...

The pictures are beautiful... I love candid type pictures with so much depth... good luck with everything that is upcoming for your baby girl. Prayers to your family.