Sunday, August 1, 2010
I800 Complete and Sent to USCIS
Our agency forwarded our I800 to USCIS. I believe it will be a quick turn around to get our approval. Our USCIS officer is already aware of our referral and seems very attentive. I may be wrong and very disappointed, but time will tell. We already have our medicals redone and FBI prints were sent 2nd week of June. In case they are not back by the time the I800 approval is given, we have requested local police clearance. This is something that we were asked to do while we were in Bulgaria. I informed our agency that we already had sent in for FBI clearance and they thought that was best. I thought that only FBI prints were acceptable. Apparently something in hand by the time you are ready to go to court is better than nothing and may be enough to fly?? Our local police said that they state in the clearance that they have checked the FBI data base and that we don't have a record. Both entities attest to the same fact. So we will just be prepared to give them whatever we have in hand by the time the I800 approval is given. Our tiny town local police chief seemed to get a kick out of helping us. You can't live most places and expect the chief of police to come to your home to get your permission signatures ("Are you home? I'll just come by and get your permission signatures.") and sit at your table and chat a while. I wish more of the process and paperwork had this personal and benevolent feeling. Umm, not the norm! I asked if there was a fee and he said, "Just a hug from that sweet baby girl you're bringing home!" How nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a wonderful show of support! That made me smile!!!! I hope everything gets done in record time!!!
Okay, I didn't have your blog on my "following" list for some reason...HOLY MOLY! CONGRATS! CAN'T WAIT TO "MEET" HER!
Post a Comment