I said, "I think." I wouldn't be surprised if something else comes up, but today I overnighted what I believe will be the last bit of paperwork required of me. Yipee! I received our I800 approval in the mail yesterday 8/17. I gathered our new FBI clearances, new medical clearances, and the I800/I797 and took a little trip to Springfield to have them apostilled. These are pretty fancy stamps affixed to the documents that attest that they have been properly notarized. I think it is a bit odd that I haven't received one original, notarized, stamped official anything on our little girl--just an email attachment! But I did see her with my own eyes and that is more than enough. I then sent the documents to my agency to be forwarded on to Bulgaria. We are hoping and praying that we will be stunned by how quickly Bulgaria moves. We shall see.
We are all thinking about her a lot. Out of the blue someone will ask something about her. Aubrey asked today in the car, "you are going to let me hold her, aren't you?" I had told her earlier that we needed to be a little careful about how much she held her. I said M. was going to like her better than me, if we weren't careful. Aubrey can't wait to meet her, and says so all the time.
I am dreaming of all the mommy things that I have never had a chance to do with her...give her a bath, comb her cute, curly hair, watch her sleep, clip her fingernails. Can't wait to hear her sweet little voice again.
It has been one month since we first met her. What a great day that was. My favorite part was seeing how much Bill really liked her. We loved her before we even met her, but seeing him react to her was heartwarming. He really thought she was cute. It was almost like he kept looking at me and commenting like we had just won the lottery--like, "how great is she?" It reminded me a lot of when we first had Aubrey. We were so unbelievably proud. I guess it's just how parents think.
School starts Monday. I know the time will pass so quickly. I have rooms to get ready. I hope I get into some serious nesting!
As I write this, I can't stop thinking of how blessed I am. God is so good and so faithful--in spite of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment