Monday, August 16, 2010

Good News from the Grapevine

We have heard from our agency today that we have USCIS approval. We are dealing with the government here, people...we are amazed that it has gone so swiftly. We haven't received anything in the mail yet ourselves, but hopefully it will be in tomorrow's mail. 2 1/2 weeks. Did I say how amazing that is??!! We did put in a request to expedite her approval due to some medical issues. I wasn't sure how much time it may shave off the wait or if even it would save any time at all. As of 8/11 USCIS told me that they hadn't received my I800 yet. But I received a letter dated 8/5 stating that they had received it and it was in process. Obviously there was some inaccurate information given to me. They in fact did have it and have already acted on it!

Now, once it is actually in my hand, I can get our new medicals, new FBI prints, and official I800 approval (I-797) apostilled in Springfield again and sent on to Bulgaria via our agency.

God is truly in this. I am selfish. I want her home for me, for us all. But I really want her home for her own good. To give her even more time to adjust to the changes in her life. To give her time to build trust in us. We will all need this extra time with her before her medical issues need to be addressed. Any extra time is an awesome blessing.

I stated in the side bar--About Me--that we were called to adopt, but it would be all God that would bring it to be...and He is.

3 comments:

Debby said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!! Yay for all of you!!!!

growing our love... said...

Great news! It is wonderful when it all works like it should:)))

Kosel Family said...

I'm impressed with your USCIS timing! Tell me, did you just send a letter with your paperwork? Might be a good idea for us when we file our first I-800