Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Waiting to hear a little longer...

I was informed that it will be after October 1st before we hear of our court hearing being scheduled. There is a bit of a backlog, as I understand it, due to judges taking their vacations and courts slowing down. So after judges return to work they have to wade through cases that are waiting to have their turn in court. I expect to hear something after Oct. 1. They will hopefully get a quick court date, but it could really be scheduled even a month or so down the road. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it is still a bit too dim for me! I can't wait to see our little girl again--our little Hauter girl--and have her all to ourselves--to attempt to meet her needs and just love on her.

For some reason, I have really given up on learning Bulgarian. Maybe I am wrong, but I feel I won't be that effective with it anyway. I'm sure I will come home in a complete panic and be searching online for how to say all kinds of things. But for now, I have misplaced my Bulgarian Phrases CD and the wind is out of my sails about it all. Can I get by with...It's ok, yes, no, sit, thirsty, hungry, pee, and Mommy and daddy love you?! Isn't that about all any 3 year old needs to know?? I guess after the first trip I got a good feel for how we communicated. There wasn't that much translating going on between us. We were just content being and playing together. I hope hugs go a long way! (Someone needs to talk some sense into me if I am completely wrong!)

So it continues to be a case of "hurry up and wait" a little longer. And all along I have been overnighting every mailing...(do you want it there by 10 am or 2 pm? Oh, 10 am for sure, because that could make all the difference in the world...and in the end it is sitting in the same pile as those who saved themselves the extra bucks and skipped the overnighting--oh, the irony!) There is something comforting about doing everything you can in your control to make it happen sooner, even if it doesn't really help at all.
I hope to post again in a couple weeks that we have a court date and it is much sooner than later...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

One of the best phrases "Ya no strashno" which means "don't be afraid"... I said that to Elina all the time... to comfort her... and sometimes I would include "in America"... at night or when we would be out and about and she would get overwhelmed. It really helped... no you don't have to speak lots of Bulgarian... think of her as a toddler that isn't speaking clearly... as a mom you will just know!! :)