That's right. That is our little girl's name. While in Bulgaria, we signed the papers necessary to give her this name. Jo and Mae are her grandmother's middle names. I have rolled this name around ever since I took driver's ed and heard the name of my instructor's little girl, Nashira JoNae. The name JoNae stuck with me and I began writing baby names even back then--over 20 years ago and well before I would marry Bill. But I knew that if the dream of living happily ever after with Billy Hauter ever came true, that the name JoMae would make perfect sense, someday. Now we finally get to use it. Her first name has a little story behind it that I will share later.
This blanket was a work of love that I really enjoyed doing for our little girl. My grandma, who's name was Joanna made all of her great-grandchildren a blanket. She crocheted one for each of my kids. I looked at each blanket that she made my other children and wondered what she thought about as she worked each one. She died a few years ago, but I thought of her a lot as I made this. I really loved each one and wanted one for our littlest girl also. So, less than two weeks later, here it is completed. Now what am I gonna do with my spare time??
I've been praying for Mahaela and thinking about her so much. We are trying to be so patient in waiting for our court date. Hoping the next week or so brings us the news we have been waiting for.


3 comments:
What a beautiful blanket Shelly! I am keeping your little girl in my thoughts and prayers! Lets get her home!!
So pretty! Can't wait to "meet" her! That waiting stuff is for the BIRDS!
Love, Love, Love the blanket!!! Can I commission you to make one for my "little girl"???? SERIOUSLY!!!
Post a Comment