Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Gift in a Beautiful Package

I am feeling great about the trip. Had a great day with 3/4 of my kids. Missing Aubrey while she is away. I realize things could slip away from me quickly, so I am trying to stay on top of things (or catch up quick, really.)
In the midst of all the "nitty-gritty" of preparing, packing, and leaving, I am feeling an escalating AWE. This whole adoption process and referral has been a huge gift. Getting a gift is great--who isn't thrilled with a gift? But opening the gift is the BEST. I am getting closer to opening the gift--meeting my littlest girl! I am feeling so blessed, so unworthy of the blessing she will be in our lives. All my children are a blessing. I just never deeply appreciated how they made it into my life and my family. When I pray with Lindsey, I always thank Jesus for giving her to me and our family. I am thanking Jesus already for Little Miss.
I know she is being given to us to experience more of God's love and draw us closer to Himself. I may experience more joy than I can imagine. I may experience more pain than I can imagine. It is all to bring glory to His name and to draw us closer to Jesus. I welcome it all. When I am doubting--remind me of this post!
Opening my package in 6 days. God is good all the time!

3 comments:

rjultch said...

Oh Aunt Shell,
can't read that without crying. We all love her already and are so excited for you and Uncle Bill. We will be praying for you as you go and meet your sweet little miracle.

J and L said...

Soo excited for you guys!! We'll be praying!! Jay&Leah

The Baxter Family said...

I am very excited to follow your journey to your daughter!