A few photos from summer days!
Mahaela on a car trip with headphones on--completely entertained. She is a good traveler.
"I just woke up" as she would say. The girl has HAIR!
Getting acclimated to the pool. She prefers to just park it on the steps...which works out just fine!
Going down the wall slide at City Museum in St. Louis. She really loved it. She left with some hefty head bumps, bruises, and skinned knees and elbows! (We [and by "we" I mean Bill] often opt for fun over common sense. Don't send your 3 year old down a 3 story slide--they will reach terminal velocity!
Lindsey, Mahaela, Jake, Bill
Mahaela continues to do well. She is recovered! What a blessing and Praise the Lord! We have had a great summer so far. Zak cousins came for a visit and we all traveled to Missouri for the beautiful wedding of our nephew, Sam, to his bride, Jess. If there has been one negative to the summer, it would have to be the lack of naps that Mahaela takes. Today, she woke up with a stomping, angry attitude. I think she needs a little more down time than she got this 4th of July weekend. She got shots again last week--2 in her left thigh. She didn't walk for a day and a half. We carried her from bed to couch. It was pretty sad and pathetic...and she might be a bit dramatic. She did have a pretty good fever from them also. She had to have adult versions of the pneumo- and meningococcal vaccines due to her lack of spleen. One more Hep A the end of the month and she should be done for 2 years.
The other negative to kids out of school, visitors around, and dad on vacation is that I lose rank! It's a subtle attitude, but she easily dismisses me and definitely prefers daddy. I'll survive. Fall will come soon and we will be best buds again.
We are really just enjoying her. I can see much that we will be dealing with down the road and even now--she is a little spit fire and quickly goes from 0 to 10! She is quick to pinch, scratch her siblings, especially Lindsey. Yep, she's a pistol, but so endearing at the same time. We just have to continue with the consistent correction.
Almost a year ago we met her for the first time...that's another post.


5 comments:
Totally understand the slight downhill turn in attitude with so many people around. We did a ton this June and would have to gain our ground back with Andrew each time we came back. It is so subtle that nobody else would even notice, but my husband and I do. It's as simple as a look or as big as complete obvious disobedience. After a little trip we look forward to a day of no one so we can get Andrew back adjusted again. It really doesn't take much, so that's probably why we're not too concerned when we're with a lot of people. Sometimes it is as simple as having him hold our hand several times while walking through the Zoo with cousins and Aunts and Uncles or having him sit in our lap while we're all around talking together. We jsut continue to be on our gurad and watch out for those moments. He's already been home 10 months now. We'll need to update our blog soon.
We still have the same issues with our boys 5 years later. I think it is probably a life long battle. The boys are really defiant now with their sister home and it has not been fun! Homeopathy and prayer are our saving graces!! We have a homeopathic appointment the end of July I'm very much looking forward to for our middle son.. he needs it for sure! He seems to think his sister is an intruder.
Your little lady reminds me of our new addition. She is quick to slap, throw things,pinch and throw tantrums too. I call her my 'sweet and sour'. It makes a worlds difference to get enough quiet time, enough food and enough sleep though!
Thanks for the update, good stuff to know.
Love the City Museum in St. Louis! Looks like you had fun.
Hi,
You commented on my blog, so I thought I'd return the favor :). I've enjoyed looking back through a few of your posts, and hopefully, I can take some time to really read through them. I also had a quick question. Did y'all not do your FBI prints until after your dossier was submitted or did they time out and have to be done again? I was just wondering, because the thought of having to redo those prints again (the first set I did was illegible) makes me panic. Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog and all your updates.
Post a Comment