Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Video of Mahaela

I've attached a video of Mahaela having ice cream in our apartment in Sofia. This is our last day, so we were packing to leave. She says all of our names in her very cute Bulgarian accent. We often try to get her to say her full name because she says it so cute. She often just refers to herself as "Misha." Seeing this now, I can see how her language has come along so well. She understands so well. Just tonight, she was asking to get down from the dinner table. Bill told her if she finished her milk she could get down. She knew exactly what he had said to her and she did it, showing him her empty cup. We taped her a bit tonight at the table. I will post that in the future as a comparison to how far she has come in a month. Today I squeezed past her through a doorway and she said "excuse me." She is being a sweetie.
We have just been hanging out during our days. I can tell she really welcomes going out for any reason. She is eager to get in the car and go pick up the kids each day. She loves to shower or bathe and tries to take off her clothes if she knows that someone is going to take a shower. She showered with Lindsey tonight and Lindsey washes her hair and body and loves to take care of Mahaela. It's nice that Linds can be my helper girl.
We changed her cardiology appt to Friday so that Bill could be there with us. Mahaela needs her second shots of flu and Hep. A. We also found out she is not immune to Hepatitis B in spite of being vaccinated, so she will also need that series of 3 shots. So we need to make another trip to the doctor for 3 more shots. She is going to get a real phobia of doctors and I don't blame her! She is taking her baby aspirin, but she says it is "hot" and would prefer not to have it.
We should have snow around here for awhile. This weekend we will try to get out into the snow when the kids can all play with her and go sledding. I'm sure she will love it.
She has been biting a bit! I think Lindsey has been bit twice this week, but I also saw her try to bite the dog. Tonight she bit Lindsey on the back of the arm. Bill called for Mahaela to come upstairs and she immediately started saying "be nice." She knows better. She said "be nice" a few times and then gave Lindsey a hug. He made her say sorry. She is trying to be such a good girl and she knows when she has messed up. She has a tender heart.






3 comments:

Debby said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!! I just showed Austin and he thought she was adorable!!!!
You are blessed!!!!!!!

Lori Schumaker said...

Oh my stars! She is the cutest!!! Her little voice is just precious to match her equally precious little self!!! I will be praying for Mahaela and her surgery...as well as for you and the rest of your family during this time. I am already just envisioning a little girl a few months down the road who is stronger and healthier because of this surgery!

Robin Longstreth said...

What a treat!